Information We Collect
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information we collect directly from you, such as your address or payment information.
- Information from third parties, such as your Facebook user name if you “Like” us on Facebook.
- Information automatically collected, such as the pages you view on our website.
Please note that we may combine information from all of the above sources. If you do not provide information to us, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
Microsoft Clarity Statement
We partner with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our website through behavioral metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our products/services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
Use of Information
We collect, use and disclose your information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Customer service, such as providing products and services to you.
- Communication, such as responding to your requests for assistance or relevant updates.
- Marketing, such as providing you with special offers and contacting you about products we think may interest you.
- Administration, such as managing our inventory and maintaining our website.
- Research and development, such as improving our Site and understanding our customer demographics.
- Legal compliance, such as responding to a subpoena or court order.
- Protection of us and others, such as investigating a possible crime or enforcing a contract.
Sharing of Information
We share your information as follows:
- Corporate relatives, such as a corporate parent.
- Service providers, such as service providers who host our website or process credit card payments.
- Site users, such as if you post content on our website that may be available to all website visitors.
- Unaffiliated third parties, such as social media and networking platforms.
- Business transfers, such as if we merge with another legal entity.
- In response to legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To protect us and others, such as to monitor our website for security issues.
- Aggregate and de-identified information, such as aggregate information for statistical analysis.
Other Important Privacy Information
- You have certain choices regarding how we use your Personal Information. For example, if you decide you no longer want to receive promotional emails from us, you can let us know by following the unsubscribe link in the email, or by emailing
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail:
Homedics Group Canada
6460 Kennedy Road
- What Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- Cookies And Other Tracking Technologies
- When We Disclose Personal Information
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- International Transfers Of Information
- Accessing And Correcting Your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Third Party Websites
- This Policy May Change
- Contact Us
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as a name, address, telephone number, email address or payment information.
We collect information about you in several ways. For example, we ask for your contact information when you correspond with us or ask to be included in an email mailing list.
The personal information we collect may include:
- When you ask to receive information or updates from us, we may collect your contact information, such as your name, title, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- When you become a customer, we collect information such as your first and last name, contact information such as your address, phone number, e-mail address and other information that helps us to provide our products and services
- If you choose to make a purchase, we collect information to allow us to complete your purchase, such as your name, billing and delivery addresses, and your payment information (such as credit card number and expiry date).
- Customer satisfaction info and opinions about products and services.
- Any other personal information that you voluntarily choose to submit to us.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may use the personal information we collect: To operate our website and applications in accordance with our terms and conditions.
- To facilitate, complete or confirm, a purchase you choose to make, including facilitating payment for your purchase and delivering your purchase to you.
- To keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, promotions, special offers, and other information we think you'd like to hear about.
- To contact you to participate in a market research survey, so that we can gauge customer satisfaction.
- To develop better products and services, and to improve our website, including by conducting auditing and analytics.
- To help personalize our website.
- To respond to your questions or inquiries.
- To conduct promotional activities, including contests.
- To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
- To carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
We reserve the right to use anonymized data, which does not identify you, for analytical purposes or any other purpose permitted by applicable law.
We and our vendors may collect information about your visits to our website using a tool called a “cookie” and other technologies. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser or mobile device by websites, mobile apps, and advertisements that you access or use. Your browser automatically tells us the type of computer and operating system you are using.
In some of our email to you, we use a "click-through URL." When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the website that is your destination. We track click-throughs to help us determine your interest on particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
The data we collect using cookies and other technologies is stored on your browser or mobile device and helps websites and mobile apps remember things about you to improve your experience with the website.
We may work with third parties, including Google, to collect this information. We utilise Google Analytics to track user information such as user location as inferred from IP address, the amount of time a visitor spends on our site, which pages are more frequently accessed, how the site is accessed (either directly, a search engine, or from a link), what sort of software is used (e.g.: operating system, browser type, etc.), the number of unique visitors, as well as demographics. Google offers an opt-out mechanism here (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and offers the ability to alter your ad settings here (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous).
If you do not wish for cookies to be placed on your computer, most web browsers permit you to prevent that from taking place. Additionally, information about opting out of cookie-based Internet advertising can be found via the following link: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/. However, please keep in mind that these technologies are an important part of how the website works; removing, rejecting or limiting the use of all cookies or other similar technologies might affect the availability and functionality of the website.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party, undergo another business transaction such as a reorganization, or should any such transaction be proposed.
We may also use your personal information, or disclose it to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary or advisable to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property, including the prevention of fraud. Lastly, we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose to which you consent.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
HoMedics USA, LLC uses safeguards to help protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access and alteration of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet.
Our website uses Secure Sockets Layering (SSL) to encrypt your personal credit information, including your credit card number, before it travels over the Internet. SSL technology is the industry standard for online transactions.
Personal information may be accessed by persons within our organization or our third party service providers or third parties (such as law enforcement), who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated above, or otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
Personal information we collect is maintained at 3000 N. Pontiac Trail, Commerce Township, MI 48390.
Although we have taken measures to help protect our website and personal information that we have collected, no security measures can provide absolute protection. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
Some or all of the personal information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You always have access to the information we have about you and may request it to be corrected if you believe it is incorrect, subject to limits permitted under the applicable law. Please note in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. We may require you to verify your identity before we allow you to access your personal information.
If you would like to review the personal information that HoMedics USA, LLC may have about you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may opt-out of our commercial email by using the unsubscribe feature we include in these emails. To opt-out of receiving our direct mail, you may send us an email at email@example.com. For information on how to opt-out of online targeted advertising, please read Cookies and other Tracking Technologies above.
Homedics USA, LLC does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information. If a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of asking to delete this information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
THIS POLICY MAY CHANGE
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report any known or suspected privacy or security breaches or to submit privacy-related questions or complaints about privacy.
You may also contact our Legal Manager by writing to 3000 N. Pontiac Trail, Commerce Township, MI 48390.
©203 HoMedics USA, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Last updated May 2023